Correct Part For Original & Reproduction M16A1-Style Buttstocks
Early AR-15 / M16A1 buttstocks require a shorter screw than the more common M16A2 screw, and that's where the Brownells M16A1 Buttstock Screw saves the day! This is the correct screw for use on original AR-15, M16, M16A1, SP1, and other similar rifles using the shorter A1 rifle buttstock.
The Brownells M16A1 Buttstock Screw is short enough that it won’t protrude into the buffer tube and interfere with movement of the buffer. Eliminates the need for a spacer between the buttstock and buffer tube (aka "receiver extension").
- Precision-machined, hardened steel
- Tough matte black phosphate finish
- Comes with white thread locker patch on threads to ensure the screw won't back out during firing
- Center hole allows airflow during firing and water to drain if rifle is submerged
- NOT compatible with later, longer A2 buttstocks
The Brownells M16A1 Buttstock Screw is a small item but absolutely necessary for properly installing a surplus or reproduction A1-pattern buttstock on your rifle.