Faxon AR-15 5.56 Pencil barrels have a narrow O.D. both fore and aft of the gas block, for maximum weight saving. AR-15 5.56 Pencil barrels are manufactured at Faxon’s ISO-certified facility from one of the hardest materials on the planet, 4150 CMV carbon steel, featuring a QPC black Nitride or FDE coating for superior wear-resistance and longevity.
- Models available for use with carbine- or mid-length gas tubes
- .625" O.D. at gas shoulder accept low-profile gas block 1” long or less
- Will not accept standard-length front sight block
- 1-8" twist rifling to stabilize the entire range of common loadings
- Muzzles have ½” x 28 threads
All Faxon AR-15 5.56 Pencil barrel feature M4 feedramps for to aid in reliable chambering and extraction of round, and they must pass magnetic particle inspection to ensure consistent quality.
Big Book Catalog, Issue:73, Page:028