A Lightweight Barrel With the Benefits of a Heavy Target Barrel
Ballistic Advantage’s Hanson Profile AR-15 barrels give you the same harmonic advantages of a heavy-profile barrel without the extra weight. Developed by Ballistic Advantage’s barrel guru, Clint Hanson, this unique profile eliminates sharp shoulders and smooths tapers to symmetrically limit barrel "whip" caused by vibrations and flexing during prolonged shooting.
The Hanson Profile controls barrel harmonics, allowing the barrel to return quickly to its "home" position after each shot, which is extremely beneficial for follow up shots at a high rate of fire or even full-auto fire. The result: the rigidity of a heavy barrel in a lightweight profile.
- 5.56 NATO chamber accepts both military-type ammo & .223 Remington
- Durable, matte black QPQ corrosion-resistant exterior finish
- 1/2"-28 muzzle threads give you a vast array of options for brakes, comps and hiders
- 1-7" twist stabilizes a wide range of bullet weights
- High-pressure & Magnetic Particle Inspected (MPI) to ensure there are no hidden flaws
- All NFA rules apply
Ballistic Advantage Hanson Profile AR-15 barrels are precision machined from extra-strong 4150 chrome-moly-vanadium steel alloy, and have a nickel-boron coated barrel extension with M4 feed ramps to help ensure reliable feeding and extraction. All Hanson Profile barrels come from the factory with a .750" low-profile gas block installed and pinned.