RHF (Railed Handguard, Forward Controls) is based on the superb CMT UHPR Mod2, with full length 1913 rails at 12 o'clock, and MLOK at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock.
RHF is machined from 6000 series extruded aluminum, its barrel nut is machined from 7075 aluminum, both are Type 3 anodized, while the rail mounting hardware is machined from 17-4 PH (patent pending). RHF also incorporates anti-rotation tabs.
RHF's inside diameter is 1.315" and compatible with most low-profile gas blocks. Barrel nut diameter is 1.378", barrel nut wrench is included.
- Total weight, including mounting bracket and bolts: 10.9oz
- Barrel nut torque: milspec 40-70ft/lbs
- Rail clamp screws torque: 45 inc/lbs.
- AR15/M16 free float handguards
- Full length 1913 rail at 12 o'clock
- MLOK at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock
- Available lengths: 6.7”, 9.5”, 11.5”, 13.7”, and 15”
- Weight by length: 6.5oz, 8.54oz, 9.64oz, 10.2oz, and 10.9 oz
RHF incorporates design input from Forward Controls, the changes include:
- Barrel cooling vents changed to the classic round shape. One might say they’re paying homage to Knight's Armament's RAS and RIS where meaningful modular revolution began.
- Simplification of the already understated aesthetics of the CMT UHPR Mod 2 handguard.