Carbine variants of the Lightweight BRN-10 Barrels
The Brownells AR 308 Carbine Barrel enables you to give your DPMS pattern 308 a lighter, more compact barrel for faster handling in close quarters. You can swap out your rifle's existing barrel, build a new AR-308 carbine from scratch, OR just install it on a modern AR-308 upper to get a lightweight, maneuverable carbine that packs .308 a punch.
Each AR 308 Carbine Barrel comes with the same gas block / front sight base as our BRN-10™ rifles. It's based on the original Sudanese-type front sight found on AR-10® rifles produced by the Dutch company Artillerie Inrichtingen under license from Armalite®. The good news is your barrel arrives with the front sight base installed, along with the barrel nut, handguard cap, and side-mounted sling swivel, making the barrel swap process easy and fast.
The AR 308 Carbine Barrel comes with AR-308 standard 5/8""-24 tpi muzzle threads that'll accept just about any readily available .30 caliber flash hider, compensator, or muzzle brake.
- Available in 16" (mid-length gas system), 18", and 20” (rifle gas systems) lengths
- Made of extra-hard 4150 carbon steel
- .308 Winchester chamber
- 1-10" rifling
- Front sight base / gas block, barrel nut, handguard cap & sling swivel installed
- Barrel nut fits standard AR-15 wrench
- Tough anti-corrosion Nitride finish with a Parkerized topcoat (excellent match to Brownells Retro Rifle™ receivers)
- Produced for Brownells by Faxon Firearms
Big Book Catalog, Issue:72, Page:012