Impervious To Recoil - Retains Optic s Zero After Many Remove/Reinstall Cycles
The Scalarworks team engineered their Aimpoint PRO Leap Mount to be lighter, smaller, sleeker, and stronger than a traditional QR red dot mount. The goal was to create an Aimpoint mount that would not lose zero when the mount/optic unit is removed and reinstalled on the firearm multiple times. To test it, Scalarworks staff installed an Aimpoint PRO on an FN SCAR 17 (7.62 NATO chambering) with a Leap mount and fired ten 10-round strings, removing and reinstalling the Leap Mount between each string. The result? After the 100th round, the optic’s zero had not moved at all from its original position. Goal achieved.
The Scalarworks PRO Leap Mount can be used with any Aimpoint red dot with a 30mm tube, including the Patrol Rifle Optic (PRO), ACO, CompM2, CompM3, and similar 30mm red dots from other manufacturers.
- Machined from ultra-strong, ultra-light 7075 T6 aluminum alloy
- Matte black hardcoat anodized finish
- Tool-free mounting to MIL-STD 1913 Picatinny rails
- Recoil-proof ball-detent locking thumbscrew clamp won’t let go of the rail
- Clamp automatically adapts to variations in rail spec
- No protruding knobs or levers to snag on other gear or vegetation
- Two models: Absolute Co-Witness (positions center of optic 36mm above rail) and Lower-Third Co-Witness (center of optic 40mm above rail)
The Aimpoint PRO Leap Mount is fitted with Scalarworks’ unique hinged ring that wraps around the optic body and automatically provides even pressure to lock it in place without all the tedious and imprecise setup traditional rings require. Two steel screws provide even tension and serve as structural elements, making the entire ring assembly extremely rigid - and secure.