Recoil-Cushioning Rubber Grips With Built-In Programmable Laser Sight
Grips for the 1911 with a built-in laser sight are nothing new. What is new is Hogue’s Laser Enhanced (LE) rubber grips for the 1911 Government Model / Commander. These are the classic Hogue wraparound finger-grooved rubber grips that have taken the sting out of shooting the "Forty-Five" for generations, only now they pack a built-in red aiming laser. For the serious techies, it’s a 630-670nm <5mW Class 3R red laser. For the rest of us, LE grips provide a simple, ultra-reliable, supremely instinctive way to land your shots on target - fast.
Hogue Laser Enhanced 1911 grips bring something else to the table: programmability. You can program the laser’s output to suit your specific situation. Choose from 3 modes: steady, flashing (twice per second), and "stealth." Stealth mode gives you 3 quick flashes each time you press the activation button; press and HOLD the button and the laser switches into steady mode. There are 4 brightness levels to choose from, too: 100%, 80%, 60% and 40%. Other features:
- Pebble-textured synthetic rubber over reinforced poly core
- Heavy-duty 4mm laser diode stands up to the recoil of your heaviest .45 ACP +P loads
- Programmable laser output (more about this below)
- Large contact area on button - when you grasp the gun the laser is ON
- Easy to adjust for windage & elevation
- Master lockout switch prevents accidental laser activation & battery drain
- Runs on two CR-2032 button cell batteries (included)
- Fits full-size 1911 Government Model & Commander and clones
- Available in a variety of colors
Like all Hogue grips, LE grips fit your hand like a glove, and you’ll forget about the laser until your hand settles in its natural spot and automatically activates the control pad. Except for a small protrusion along the side of the frame above the grip, Hogue LE grips are no bulkier than standard grips. You can continue to stow your 1911 in your favorite holster.