The Borka Tools adjustable torque driver (ATD) has a range of tightening torque adjustment from 10 inch-lbs. to 85 inch-lbs. in 1 inch-lb. increments, and represents further evolution of the multi-torque driver with 12 fixed torque settings (MTD). Like MTD, the ATD incorporates two, high and low, ranges of torque adjustment. Working with low torque range allows the user to select torque settings between 10 inch-lbs. and 29 inch-lbs., while high torque range provides adjustment from 30 inch-lbs. to 85 inch-lbs.
ATD operation is based on use of any one of the two pre-set "break-over" forces. These two forces, which correspond to low and high torque adjustment ranges, are user selectable by simply flipping the torque driver over, and applied at user adjustable distance between the center of the driver handle spherical notch (tightening force application spot) and the driver spindle axis of rotation. As soon as tightening force over pre-set distance exceeds selected torque value, the driver handle disengages the driver arm lock and then pivots out of the way, effectively canceling further torque application and preventing over-tightening of the fastener.
Compact and light weight (less than 6 ounces), rugged, highly consistent and accurate torque driver is of all metal construction and differs from traditional "slip clutch" and "cam-over" type torque limiting screwdrivers and wrenches by its simple and reliable design. In addition, all torque driver components are made from stainless steel, hard anodized aluminum, and chrome or zinc plated alloy steel. This choice of materials ensures a sufficent degree of corrosion protection when the torque driver is used outdoors.
- ATD-1085-CSA-MG adjustable torque driver
- Compact 1/4" hex drive (F) ratched handle
- 4" lon extension with 1/4" square drive (M and F) ends
- S2 Steel 1" long hard chrome plated screwdriver bits (29): Hex, Inch: 5/64", 3/32", 7/64", 1/8", 9/64", 5/32", 3/16"
- Hex, Metric: 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm,
- Torx: T-10, T-15, T-20, T-25, T-30
- Slotted: 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", 7/32", 1/4", 9/32", 5/16"
- Phillips: #1, #2
- Pozi: #1, #2
- 1/4" hex drive (M) to 1/4" square drive (M) adapter
- 1/2" hex socket with 1/4" square drive (F)
- 1000D cordura custiom made carry pouch by TAB GEAR
Kit comes with user guide
Big Book Catalog, Issue:72, Page:438