Apex 1911 Hammer - Classic Spur Style: The Apex 1911 Hammer is designed to be a direct replacement for the original Colt spur hammer found on the MK IV Series 70 1911A1 or Commander-style. Made from A-2 tool steel, it is cut on a wire EDM for dimensional consistency and perfectly square hammer hooks. The hammer is then heat treated and black oxide finished before surface ground on the relieved sides to match the traditional look of Colt’s Government model hammer.
Apex 1911 Hammer – Commander Style: The Apex 1911 Hammer Commander Style is designed for use in 1911 handguns with a Commander style hammer and beavertail grip safety. Made from A-2 tool steel, it is cut on a wire EDM for dimensional consistency and perfectly square hammer hooks. The hammer is then heat treated and black oxide finished.
- Direct replacement for the original Colt spur hammer or Commander-style 1911 hammer
- Hammer hook and strut pin hole locations derived from a vintage 1968 Colt National Match pistol (the precursor to the Gold Cup National Match Government model)
- Hammer hook height is .018-.020” to provide a consistent, clean breaking trigger pull
- Features captive half cock notch as found on Mk IV Series 70 Colt pistols (can be used with Series 80 pistols)
- For best results Apex recommends the hammer be paired with a premium sear such as EGW Hard Sear (Product #10040)
Big Book Catalog, Issue:72, Page:112