The Glock® 17 Gen5 is the latest iteration of the pistol revered by military, law enforcement, and civilian shooters all over the globe. It retains all the evolutionary improvements made up through the Gen4 - and adds a bunch more. The G17 Gen5 additions start with a fully ambidextrous slide release with buttons on both sides. There’s a slightly beveled and flared magwell for easier mag changes - handy but not exaggerated, so the gun retains its service pistol compactness - while the nose of the slide is beveled to make holstering easier.
The most noticeable change on the Glock® 17 Gen5 is not an addition but a subtraction that many shooters (especially those with smaller hands) will welcome: the elimination of the finger grooves on the frontstrap, returning to a 1911-straight contour. The Glock® 17 Gen5 retains the interchangeable backstrap inserts of the previous generation.
- Simplicity at its best - only 35 total parts
- "Marksman" barrel with more traditional rifling for improved accuracy (4" groups @ 50 yards)
- High-visibility magazine follower, but...
- Gen5 mags are compatible with all previous Gens - and vice versa
- Upgraded firing pin safety similar to G42/43
- Reliability enhancements: reinforced rails, new extractor design
- nDLC slide finish that’s even tougher than the old Tenifer finish of previous Gens
- Standard low-profile fixed black sights with white rear outline/front dot
Finally, the Glock® 17 Gen5 features a new trigger spring system that compresses, rather than stretches, the spring during the pull for a smoother, more consistent, distinct pull, right out of the box. The pistol that virtually started the Polymer Frame Revolution continues to lead the way!
“GLOCK” is a federally registered trademark of GLOCK, Inc. and is one of many trademarks owned by GLOCK, Inc. or GLOCK Ges.m.b.H. Neither Brownells nor this site are affiliated in any manner with, or otherwise endorsed by, GLOCK, Inc. or GLOCK Ges.m.b.H. The use of “GLOCK” on this page is merely to advertise the sale of GLOCK pistols, parts, or components. For genuine GLOCK, Inc. and GLOCK Ges.m.b.H. products and parts visit www.glock.com.