Join the Brownells Adventure team and make lifetime memories on the inaugural Brownells SW Desert Dash. Spanning five nights and six days, the Brownells SW Desert Dash is an overland expedition for 4WD explorers guided by Brownells Adventure Team members Yeti & Yolo as well as some of the Brownells crew!
The rally-style journey winds through rugged, wild landscapes by day, followed by overnight campfire stops at unique locations in the Mojave Desert.
The Brownells SW Desert Dash will give smiles for miles to a happy caravan of like-minded, free-spirited souls. Participants must provide their own self-sufficient vehicle, tools and supplies.
Expedition membership is limited, so claim your spot now.
You and your rig must be fully self contained. To download a printable list click here.
- Camping gear: camp chairs, sleeping bags, tent, flash lights, headlamp, etc.
- Warm weather clothes, chilly night clothes, hiking shoes, comfortable shoes/boots, sandals, swimsuit & towel, a hat
- Sunscreen, hand sanitizer, wet wipes, and all personal hygiene items
- First aid kit, with any needed personal medication
- Back up of fresh drinking water and washing water
- Any special snacks and drinks you would like to have on the trail between provided meals.
- A mechanically sound and trail worthy vehicle. It’s up to you to have your rig ready to go prior to the start of the Adventure.
- Vehicle must be street licensed, insured and capable of off-road, street, and highway driving.
- Selectable high low 4 wheel drive.
- Minimum tire size 33” or comparable size, with spare in good usable condition
- True all terrain tires OR the more aggressive mud terrain tires
- Fuel range of 200 miles per tank minimum. If you know you can’t go that long without refueling, especially while extended off-road driving, it’s up to you to pack reserve fuel cans accordingly.
- Minimum of 5 gallons extra fuel (10 gallons suggested)
- On board fire extinguisher and within reach of driver seat
- Front and rear recovery anchor points
- A solid recovery gear kit: tow strap (rated for your vehicle), at least two soft or hard shackles, hi-lift jack or any jack with capabilities to be used in an off-road environment, gloves.
- On board air for tires (either tank or compressor)
- Any needed service/replacement fluids for your vehicle for daily use service or for repairs.
- Tools & spare parts (you know your rig best) pack anything you know may be needed or has the potential to fail on the trail as we will be often times very remote