The original LSS-XL Gen2 chassis system was designed as a variant of MDT’s highly popular LSS chassis. The LSS chassis was designed for use with compact, short barreled rifles. Many customers liked the LSS chassis, but wanted to use a fixed buttstock, and get their bipod out further forward. This prompted MDT to design the first-generation LSS-XL chassis system, which has a forend extended by 3" and was designed to accept fixed rifle stocks without the need of using any adapters.
After the successful launch of the ESS chassis system, requests started pouring in for the new features that had been introduced on the ESS chassis to be rolled out on our other chassis systems. In response, MDT has upgraded the LSS-XL chassis line with a Gen2 lineup that incorporates the following new features:
- Bold, modern new look
- Ambidextrous magazine release
- Thumb rest above trigger guard
- Larger barrel channel to accommodate barrels up to the diameter of the action
- M-Lok pattern attachment slots on all five sides of the forend
- Barricade-stop grooves ahead of mag-well
- Side-relieved mag well to accommodate bulging magazines
- Carbine and fixed buttstock interface options
IMPORTANT NOTE: Howa 1500 / Weatherby Vanguard Short Actions This is the only action that we manufacture a chassis for that has a flat bottom action. For this reason, only our Polymer magazines will work. The fitting may need to be modified slightly for proper feeding. For .223 models the bolt stop may be too long. This can easily be modified. This also means that the action does not sit in a V-Block. The LSS-XL Gen2 chassis will free float barrels up to 1.350” diameter.
The LSS-XL Gen2 chassis are designed to accept any AR-15 buttstock and pistol grip (purchased separately), offering the option to customize from the wide variety of Accessories available on the market.
The LSS-XL Gen2 chassis accepts AICS-pattern external box magazines and supports the installation of M-Lok patterned accessories along the forend.
- CNC Machined from 6061 Aluminum
- Cerakote finish in Black or Flat Dark Earth
- M-Lok pattern attachment system on all 5 faces of the forend
- Carbine buttstock interface option designed for carbine AR-15 buttstocks, including the MDT Skeleton Carbine Stock
- Fixed buttstock interface option designed for fixed AR-15 buttstocks, optimally the MDT Skeleton Rifle Stock V5
- Accepts most AR-15 Pistol Grips
- Lightweight, free-floating modular forend
- Will accommodate barrels up to 1.350" diameter
- Compatible with AICS style magazines
- Weight: 1.6lb - 2.0lb, depending on the rifle model
- The LSS-XL Gen2 chassis system comes as a 1-piece chassis, with all required mounting hardware included. This includes new action screws, and a screw for the pistol grip.
To complete this chassis on your rifle, the additional items you need to purchase are:
- Any AR-15 buttstock.
- A buffer tube for your buttstock. (Both mil-spec and commercial work on our chassis)
- An AR-15 Pistol Grip. For fixed interface chassis, a grip without a beavertail, or with a soft (bendable) beavertail must be used.
- At least one magazine
The action screw is located directly above the magazine lever. This means that the magazine lever needs to be installed AFTER installing the action into the chassis.
Does not work with 300 Blackout
Big Book Catalog, Issue:73, Page:190