The latest in a long and distinguished line of combat-proven Accuracy International sniper rifles, the new AX series comprises the multi-caliber AXMC, a .338 Lapua Mag (which can be reconfigured to .300 Win Mag in minutes simply by changing the barrel), bolt and magazine inserts, and the stand alone AX.308 (.308 Win).
Innovative features include the stock which folds to encase the bolt, a size aperture for changing the 10 round magazine without disturbing the weapon, quick change barrels, and a forend rail mounting system.
Accessories include a butt spike, iron sights, flush cup sling, suppressor, additional mounts and rails, scopes, night vision equipment, and transit cases.
A Few Specs:
- Proofed steel action featuring AI’s patent-pending Quickloc quick release barrel system and 20 or 30 MOA STANAG 4694/Mil Std 1913 action rail.
- Quickloc match grade, stainless steel barrel.
- Muzzle brake.
- 6 lug, 60 degree bolt with AI combat- proven leaf spring extractor.
- 3 position safety.
- AI’s world renowned two stage trigger.
- Right folding stock with adjustable cheek piece and length of pull.
- AI’s patent pending KeySlot™ accessory mounting system with full length top rail to match the action rail and three accessory side rails (1 x 140mm plain, 2 x 80mm flush cup).
- Configurable pistol grip.
- Side cut away magazine well for smooth, rapid magazine changes.
- Detachable AI 10-round double stack magazines; compact, reliable and can be loaded though the rifle ejection port.