Fire Control Front Rest-Caldwell's team of engineers has developed a series of rifle rests that incorporate their "Fire Control" mechanism. "Fire Control" is an advanced alignment system that allows the shooter continual, one-hand adjustment of downrange crosshair alignment via a multi-directional control arm.
The Fire Control mechanism allows continuous adjustment of the front forend support by manipulating the control arm with your fingertips. Once the coarse adjustments have been made to position the rest, the control arm allows fluid movement for precise crosshair alignment without having to change shooting position to loosen or tighten rest components. The end result is unmatched control of crosshair alignment in a rock solid shooting platform which delivers better accuracy than any existing rest.
Simply move the control arm in any direction to precisely align the crosshairs on your target. The rest will hold the gun perfectly steady at any point with
no additional adjustments.
60 MOA or approximately 5 feet of adjustment at 100 yards.
This revolutionary development allows accuracy and speed previously unavailable in conventional rifle rests. The continuous precision adjustment of Fire Control allows the crosshairs to easily and quickly be manipulated as the shooter maintains a perfectly relaxed shooting position. Fire Control will give you the confidence of knowing your crosshairs will be precisely aligned as the trigger breaks. Providing control right up to the point of trigger break greatly enhances accuracy potential. Rests with fixed adjustment systems require the last micro alignment to come from leaning, pushing or pulling slightly on the gun and or rest, thus greatly limiting accuracy.
Another inherent benefit to the Fire Control rests is ease and speed of realignment after recoil. No more moving the entire rest back into position or loosening knobs and turning screws to realign. With up to 60" of windage and elevation adjustment at 100 yards, getting back on target instantly after recoil from a previous shot is at your fingertips via the control arm.
In addition to the precision alignment mechanism, these rests are built to exacting tolerances and specifications to provide the rock solid performance Caldwell is known for.
- Stainless Steel Leveling Feet
- Forend Stop
- Medium Profile Filled Front Bag
- 3-lobe bag for wide forend rifles
The coarse elevation provides approximately 4" inches of adjustment at the rest. Adjustable tension of the control arm allows for customized resistance pressure via four nylon tipped set screws.
Rock BR Competition Front Shooting Rest-The Rock BR will help you discover the true potential of your rifle and ammunition. This high quality rest is designed for the most accuracy-minded shooters around, bench rest competitors. Now everyone who wants the best from their rifle can benefit from the advanced design, precision machining, and finely engineered features of the Rock BR.
The Rock BR is loaded with the following features:
- 15 1/2 lb. product weight dispersed along 15" cast-iron footprint
- Fine elevation adjustments are possible through our ball bearing rotational system
- Windage-adjustable cradle allows shooters to make smooth and precise corrections with fingertips
- Cradle features a sturdy bag tensioning system for improved forend support and increased stability for refined accuracy
- Stainless steel components
- Rest comes with both 3" lobe bag for flat forends and filled Medium Varmint front bag for sporter style forends
"The Rock" Deluxe Shooting Rest-The best way to determine the accuracy of your rifle and ammunition is to shoot them from a solid bench -- with a quality shooting rest. With precise repeatability of shots as your goal,The Rock Deluxe Front Rest is the right tool for the job. The Rock helps eliminate the "human factor" in shooting and will help you shoot tighter groups.
- Wide and stable footprint dispersed over 5 1/2 lb. rest
- 1" diameter steel post provides smooth and quick elevation adjustments up to 7 1/4" height
- Use the 3 leveling feet to level your rest on most any surface
- Forend stop ensures consistent stock placement from shot-to-shot
- Forend cradle is designed to accept all Caldwell Deluxe Universal Front Rest Bags
- Filled Medium Varmint front bag included
BR Feet- These feet are designed to protect your shooting bench top when using a rest with spiked feet. They have a metel disc with a hole to capture the spiked feet and are overmolded with rubber.
- Includes one rubber foot with metal disc
- Available as 3-pack