Thread-on muzzle devices give the tactical rifle shooter a variety of options for recoil reduction. Precision CNC machined to exact tolerances from high-quality stainless steel alloy that withstands extreme heat and gas particle erosion, even after thousands of rounds. Stands up to the intense tempo of combat conditions without loss of performance.
Substantially reduces muzzle rise and provides outstanding felt recoil reduction for better shot follow-through, improved accuracy, and faster follow-up shots. Advanced Impulse Diffusion™ technology diffuses muzzle blast to the sides, virtually eliminating gas dispersion back to the shooter and minimizing felt concussion to help keep the sights firmly on the target.
When used in conjunction with a SOCOM Series suppressor, the patent-pending design of the muzzle brake provides multiple bearing surfaces to ensure superior suppressor alignment. A rear labyrinth seal minimizes potential carbon buildup in the indexing system and facilitates suppressor removal after extended firing.
All SureFire SOCOM Series muzzle brakes have blind pilot holes at the 3 and 9 o’clock position to enable fine-tuning of recoil characteristics for individual shooting styles or ammunition characteristics. They also have blind pilot holes at the 6 o’clock position to enable indexing the adapter at bottom dead center, and to pin-and-weld on short-barreled rifles. All that is required is a basic hand drill and appropriate drill bits.
SureFire muzzle brakes are individually inspected for concentricity and alignment, and each is covered by SureFire’s No-Hassle Guarantee. Features:
- Offset porting delivers greatly reduced recoil impulse and muzzle rise, so the weapon tracks straight back to keep you on target for faster shot-to-shot recovery
- Multiple bearing surfaces for superior suppressor alignment
- Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock
- High-precision single-point cut barrel threads for optimum thread interface
- Inspected for all critical dimensions including concentricity and alignment
- Pilot holes for tuning of muzzle brake and to pin-and-weld on short-barreled rifles
- Black Ionbond DLC coating provides maximum protection against harsh environmental conditions and facilitates cleaning after extreme use
- Serves as rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series sound suppressors
- Labyrinth seals prevent carbon buildup on suppressor lock ring indexing system
- Installation requires no permanent modifications for M4 / M16 / AR-15 type weapons
AR-15, Issue:11, Page:026
Big Book Catalog, Issue:68, Page:025
SPECS: Heat-treated stainless steel, matte black finish. Fits rifles with threaded muzzles only. Crush washer set, tube of Rocksett heat-resistant thread locker, and complete instructions included. Stainless steel construction, matte black Ionbond DLC coating. Available in 1/2-28 and 5/8-24.