For Hard Receivers
Specially ground, single-flute, solid carbide drills ideally suited for
use by the professional gun trade on hard receivers (as the 03A3
• Cuts a clean chip in hardest file steel,
giving true hole.
• Does not "crumble out" the steel;
thus, no chatter.
• 2" long to give quill clearance
when using with Forster and other scope/sight mounting jigs.
• Kept properly cleaned, will not bind or break.
• Properly fed, won't work-harden hole surface like
spade drill does; decreases tap breakage.
• Drills "all
the way through" hardened steels. Note: Common sense
must be used. No guarantee against breakage! Use only
to crack the skin on Krags and the like. DO NOT USE IN SOFTER
STEELS. Use only after other drills have failed or hardness of
steel is preknown.
Big Book Catalog, Issue:66, Page:468
SPECS: Sizes available: No. 56 (0-80), No. 50
(2-56), No. 38 (5-40), No. 36 (6-32, No.
33 (6-40), No. 31 (6-48), No. 29 (8-32),
No. 28 (8-40). Speed approximately twice that of high
speed steel, feed rate the same or slightly less.