Programmable For Hands-Off Heat-Treating & Color Case-Hardening
Programmable oven makes easy work of any heat-treating job, including color-case hardening. Compact chamber is the right size for receivers, bottom metal, buttplates, knife blades, custom screws, and other small parts. Numerical control with extra-large keypad lets you create and store up to 12 repeatable custom programs for consistent results. You determine the temperature ranges, hold-time, alarm set-points, and make easy on-the-fly adjustments to fine-tune your program. Even allows you to pre-program the start time to take advantage of variable electric rates. Backlit, four character display provides accurate real-time temperature/time monitoring. Cool-touch door handle allows comfortable operation when the oven is hot. Innovative safety interrupt automatically removes power from all heating elements when the door opens and reapplies power after it closes. Built with a durable, corrosion-resistant stainless steel outer shell and a firebrick lining for maximum heating efficiency. Includes Type-K thermocouples for quick and reliable temperature control.
The Color Case Hardening Kit allows a convenient, easy-to-use process to help the gunsmith create beautiful, genuine color case hardening. Color case parts with their subtle shades of blue, gray and straw really give a gun a true custom look. For a modern firearm, color case hardening can create a unique, one-of-a-kind gun. Plus, renewed interest in the old west has brought many old and well used guns out of retirement that need to have faded color case hardening restored. Our detailed instructions take the mystery and witchcraft out of the process. You’ll want to experiment with the ratio of wood charcoal to bone charcoal to get just the right mix of colors. Our Kit brings together the HT-1 Heat Treat Oven, with our crucible and tongs, plus two types of charcoal and all the supplies necessary to set up a complete color case hardening system.
- HT-1 HEAT TREAT OVEN
- COLOR CASE HARDENING CRUCIBLE - Large 11" x 4" cylinder is big enough to hold a rifle action.
- CRUCIBLE TONGS - The really correct way to safely handle the hot crucible. 30" long for handling ease and safety.
- HI-TEMP KEVLAR GLOVES - Gives your hands extra protection from high temperatures.
- FULL FACE SHIELD - Prevents hot water and ash or charcoal dust from splashing into your eyes, necessary when dumping crucible.
- WOOD CHARCOAL - 10 pounds, high carbon content, just the right sieve size for crucible packing.
- BONE CHARCOAL - 25 pounds, high carbon content, free of wax and fillers.
- DISPOSABLE FILTER MASKS - Keeps harmful charcoal dust out of your lungs.
- LONG SHOP APRON - Protects you, and your clothes, from splashes.
- INSTRUCTIONS - Full explanation of color case hardening.
Big Book Catalog, Issue:65, Page:397
SPECS: Stainless steel, natural finish, firebrick liner. External Dimensions - 18½" (47cm) long, 26" (66cm) wide, 27" (69cm) high w/legs. Internal Dimensions - 13½" (34.3cm) long, 13" (33cm) wide, 13½" high. 94 lb. (57kg) weight. Maximum Temperature: 2,000° F (1,093° C). Current Draw - 18 amps @ 240 volts AC, 4320 watts. UL approved heating elements.